Tuesday, February 3, 2009

FAV QUOTES

I got this Dr Seuss book when I started this Leadership program at work called Oh, the places you'll go! I probably read it once a quarter. It's cool to look at where I am in the book and whats going on in my life. I'm usually always in the same spot. That waiting spot. If you have it I suggest you read it today. If you don't have it let me know and I'll buy you the book. This simple poetic story always lays things out when you feel like you are going and running in the same spot. So to the point- this is my favorite passage out of it:


"You'll get mixed up, of course,
as you already know.
You'll get mixed up
with many strange birds as you go.
so be sure you step.
Step with care and great tact
and remember that Life's
a Great Balancing Act.
Just never forget to be dexerous and deft.
and never mix up your right foot with your left."

3 comments:

  1. As a wanna-be author I have been nothing but amazed at the wisdom and talent of Dr. Suess. Love the movies, "Horton hears a who," and the "grinch" (with Jim Carey)
    Hey, thank you for your offer on helping Adam. We will have him scan the report card (if I can figure it out)
    We also pay him for his grades (only A's which was to inspire him in getting good grades. Needless to say it hasn't done the inspiring we had hoped. It's funny to see Aubree get all the cash and he watch her spend it.)
    I have been very impressed with the positive response that an earned eagle gets. I hope Adam sees that as well. (probably not until his older, right? Wisdom seems to come with age.)
    But thanks again for your support and encouragment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We read that book once a quarter too. My favorite line is: "A place you could sprain your elbow and your chin!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your background! That is cool. I like the quote. We find ourselves there many times in our lives.

    ReplyDelete