Wednesday, July 23, 2008

"to cry or not to cry over death"

The comment Bridget made over a post (I remember crying uncontrollably. I barely knew her. It was one of the strangest encounters I've had with death.) made me think. I have cried in my life over people dieing, but as I look back it was all people I didn't know really well. I especially remember crying over the death of one of my primary teachers husband. I'm not sure if was because it was my first encounter or was it more? The few people I have known well I haven't lost but a few drops of "true tears" Is it because I knew them and understood them more? Do I cry more over people who I don't know because I missed the chance in this life to connect with them? Did I connect with them pre-life? Its hard to know for sure. When I worked in the hospitals and would have people die-mostly the young people- why I was struggling to get there test results out I just felt such a sorrow. Like I said I have never had a person very close to me pass away. Is this odd and a characteristic of Joel or do others share this same experience?

1 comment:

  1. It seems that I cry over everything since I have moved up to laramie- I dont know why that is, but I do think that it is ok to cry over a death of a person that you dont know very well. For me it is usually like I am feeling thankful for my like and all that I have.

    ReplyDelete