Sunday, January 11, 2009

New Job- New Era

FYI- I did end up getting the promotion at work. I'm nervous and excited. My title will be Quality Assurance Associate. I will basically be making sure that the blood products we have are of the highest quality. It has been difficult for me to make the decision because I have grown close to the people I work with and the lab is a comfort zone for me. I did however see my self in a sag-net job situation (almost everyone in the lab has worked there for over 25 years) and felt that i need to make a lateral move so I could move upwards in the future. I also wanted to try something outside of the lab. I will have an office and will finally be working a 9-5ish day. It kind of makes be feel grown up. Lessons I learned was that if you ask it opens possibilities. I ended up with a better job and higher pay just by asking if it could be. That doesn't mean it was easy and I did have to make a case but it was worth it. I'll be starting off on the 19th of this month and then will be in California for a week for some advance training. I think that this job will open many doors in many types of companies and i am excited for that. Its all new and yes I am scared that I wont be able to preform to the high expectations that senior management has set, but at the same time its a rush that keeps me alive and each day living.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats! I hope you enjoy your new job, good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why haven't I checked your blog forever? Ryan read this post and told me about it. He was just telling one of our neighbors that you really inspire him to be a better person. I thought it was a nice compliment to pass along. :)

    I hope the job is going well. I guess you are a month into it now. It probably still feels like you just started. I hope you feel you are doing as well as you probably are :)

    ReplyDelete