Tuesday, December 16, 2008

snow day or artic blast



I'm adding this on because after I posted this I looked at the previous post of the snow day and I thought it was really funny if you compare the two. What I thought was snow looks like nothing when comparing the older pictures. HaHa. Perception is so interesting and important to remember when dealing with everything.
This looking down the street to the left

This is looking down the other way

This is looking at the house. I think I've lost 3 plants so far. maybe more

You can see next to the pool how deep the snow is.

So that a nice snow day last Sunday has lasted over a week. Usually our snow days are a quick trip. The snow is pretty and calming with kids building snowmen and freaking out there is no school. well its started that way. When portlanders wake up the next morning it usually has rained and melted the snow or the warm air has cleared the idea from the earth and our minds. however this time when we woke up the snow was not gone but had frozen solid. The next day the snow is still there, and the next day, and is still here and getting worse. Who said there is no climate change going on. I am stuck at home using my vacation time. Oh yeah my car broke down last Tuesday. It just stopped working so we have been stuck with one car. I know you people out there in Utah are like please give me a break, but the this city isn't prepared for this type of weather. Also there are layers of snow ice snow ice from the freezing rain. It's fun to walk on because its like a shell but death on wheels for cars. I'll put some pics up. Crazy. I've never wanted it to rain so bad. There is this weird thing that I notice about the seasons. When ever a season reaches it extream point I can't wait for the next one to start. When its summer and really hot you just want to see fall. When its winter and its bitter cold and you're locked down by the situtation you just want to see spring. It reminds me of life and its these extreams that make you really thankful when they are not there.

1 comment:

  1. You certainly have a lot of snow!! I hope that you receive a break from the weather. I also know of a prophecy of the changing of the seasons. hum. Take care. KEEP WARM. I sure hope that your car is fixed soon.

    ReplyDelete