Saturday, December 13, 2008

blasted Nov.







What a ruff month Nov was- well at least for Lucas. There has been lots of opportunity for growth. First it was the bitter-sweet election for me focusing on the churches and peoples positions on prop 8 in California. It was a difficult time afterwords having understandings on both sides and I can say I grew in courage and understanding. It was an area that I wanted to improve in and I got my chance. The issue is in the past and I feel I have handled it. It also helped solidify fine lines that I have been struggling with for years. While I was struggling with that Lucas was hit up against a defamation issue. It help confirmed the need for equality for all. To judge a person upon their character and not on identifiers. It is why stereotypes and assumptions should never be used in making decisions, gossip, or judgments. What seems simple and harmless can be exemplified to a point where people are hurt or worse. "All men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator, with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness." This is the second time in my life have words hit me hard like this. Lucas will be okay and his company is working with him to help prosecute the accuser. So while this is all going on Lucas got strep pretty bad. This was around thanksgiving. I was on call for the week so I was stressed. Then a random parking light just snapped in half and landed on his truck. It shattered the windshield and hit the top of the passenger door. Its still getting fixed; hopefully it will be done this week. Then this week on Tue night lucas hit the edge of the light switch in the kitchen and cut his finger. We spent late into the night in the ER so he could get stitched up. BUT we are in the healing phase. All the wounds are scaring over and there are lessons learned. We are stronger then one month ago and more greatful then ever. This year we had an extraordinary warm fall. This caused the leaves on the trees to stick around a little longer. When leaves stick around they get those vibrant colors I remember growing up in a desert. On my way to work everyday I get to go through a forest. During this whole time of struggle I saw this striking beauty. Every time i drove through the bends of the freeway I noticed the leaves and their beauty with large evergreen trees in the back among a blue sky reminded me of how greatful I was just to see this. My problems melted. (to bad lucas drives the other way. haha)

3 comments:

  1. I have no idea where to start...

    Sorry about the light what a freaky thing to happen and really what is the luck that it would fall- are you guys going to be getting any help from the apartment building- I assume that is where he was parked when this took place?

    I loved the pic where you and Lucas are at the stove- what is the red stuff on the back burner? Please dont tell me that you are making your own cranberry sauce- ha
    And holy cow! that is a large pan of yams- did they really get eaten? I only ask because I do not like yams - I am not the typical Thanksgiving dinner eater- not a fan of Mashed Potatoes, stuffing cranberry sauce and the list goes on and I really only like the dark meat- but is looks like you guys had a LOT of food- did you have lots of guests over?

    LOVED the pictures of the wound! I would like to request a re-enactment of that- How does one cut themselves with a light switch- that is crazy!!!

    Thanks for the update, it was good to hear and see pictures from you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOLY MOLY! OUCH! and YUCK! I'm sorry about the finger! Please tell Lucas I feel bad for him...I'm sure it's way in the past now. I haven't checked blogs forever. Wow, Valerie noticed all the kitchen stuff and all I could think was, "Yuck! Ouch! Blood!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, so I actually read the post. Crappy month for Lucas! Holy cow! I hope things are going better.

    Ryan and I have been talking a lot about truth and lies lately. What is truth? what are lies?

    It sounds like you've come to some resolutions. I commend you for your courage to understand all sides of the issues! You're such an example!

    Anyway, Eric's been vomiting for the last 4 hours. I better help Ryan attend to him. It's been fun to get an update. I finally updated my blog today too.

    ReplyDelete