Wednesday, March 18, 2009

designer babys in sheep clothing

I found this article interesting. This is not the first time a baby was engineered ( I just love when they use that word talking about life) for a sibling with an illness. I'm not even sure how I feel about it but it feels wrong. Mostly because of the value of the the new baby is set under a value of the sick child. I just see a mess of phyicological issues waiting to happen. Or maybe the new child will grow up having a deep understanding of giving. Either way it makes me nervous and I'm pretty open to the idea of engineered babys.

http://www.cphpost.dk/news/scitech/92-technology/45075-nations-first-donor-baby-conceived.html

5 comments:

  1. The is a book out there called "My sister's keeper" that touches on this very exact thing. (not matching the egg thing) I have a friend that read it and liked it. But was very emotional. Author was Jody P . .? Any how is you were serious about helping Adam through grades, this is what he got this quarter. (I couldn't get my scanner to work) Pre-Algebra=C+ Art=B-, History=C, English=A, Science=C+, Tech=A.
    Thanks for your support.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, so I feel like I can see both sides of the issue. . .but I also feel that is wrong with a lot of consequences which have yet to be exposed...oye!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is certainly a lot of strange things happening in our world. I don't feel too comfortable with most of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is an article that makes me feel uncomfortable.

    ReplyDelete